Helpful

Silver Prices on Bloomberg TV News – is this RELEVANT?

On TV this morning and here for as long as Bloomberg keep this video available, Stewart Hersey commenting on the problems and opportunities that come from the highest silver prices since the 1980’s. You can check the latest silver price here and see a complete silver candlestick like one made in the film clip by […]

Read more
Hearsay

Unusual Armada Dish

In 2010, to mark his retirement after 12-years as Chairman of the Joint Assay Offices Committee, Mr Richard Vanderpump was presented with a unique Armada Dish made in the Hersey workshop.

Read more
Helpful

A Selection of our Best Selling Cufflinks

Silver cufflinks are the perfect accessory for men who recognise style or who like to make a discreet fashion statement. This is a selection from our range of sterling silver hallmarked cufflinks. They are all classic designs with an understated elegance.     We can engrave these cufflinks with a monogram, name or date. They make […]

Read more
Heresy

Costly Salt Not Good For You!

I read that the health do-gooders are at it again, this time with yet another report that UK adults eat too much salt. Which? Magazine and Consensus Action on Salt and Health found no difference in chemical content between regular salt and ‘costly gourmet brands’.

Read more
Helpful

Forces VAT-Free Silver Gifts

Members of the UK Armed Forces serving abroad in Europe, or further afield, can now purchase silver gifts from our web site and use their tax-free status while serving outside the UK, to buy their gifts and jewellery VAT-free.

Read more
Helpful, How To

Silver Care & Cleaning Tips

The craftsmen in our workshop make all our Silver Jewellery and other silver items using 925 Sterling Silver, this is hallmark quality solid silver of 92.5% purity. The other 7.5% is made up of alloys which are added to make the silver harder as pure silver is too soft to work with and will not […]

Read more
Helpful

Is Your Sterling Silver Real Or Not?

Buying sterling silver jewellery or a unique silver item is quite an investment that becomes more and more valuable as time goes on. Being tricked into buying fake sterling silver is not a mistake that many can afford and is rather irritating to say the least.

Read more
Helpful

Personalisation Options

Here at Hersey Silversmiths we want to make your gift or purchase as special as possible, which is why we provide a variety of different personalisation options to suit a range of occasions.

Read more
Helpful

Button Hole Holders

Gentlemen trying to add a little more glamour to their morning suits, whether at Royal Ascot or a wedding, should always consider putting a flower in their lapel.

Read more